2022, that's a wrap
Brendan Thompson • 24 December 2022 • 3 min read
2022 has been another huge year with tonnes of stuff going on! I would also say whilst it has been a good year there have been lots of changes, having some colleagues move on from work has been something of a challenge for me to deal with at some points. Overall the year has been positive.
Let's go through the biggest highlights for me of 2022!
Wrote 15 posts on my blog, including this one
Became a HashiCorp Ambassador
Mentored several people through learning Terraform
Became a Mentee to Lars Klint
Started down the journey to produce video content on Terraform
Started co-organising the Melbourne HashiCorp User Group
Attained Terraform Associated certification
Attained Certified HashiCorp Implementation Partner (CHIP) for Terraform
Got a puppy!
Now how did I go with my 2022 Goals you might be asking yourself! Well, let's find out! This year I had 7 goals that I wanted to achieve, and I was able to achieve three out of the 7.
- 100 Days of SwiftUI — I got through 24 days of this course before I got too distracted with other things going on. This goal will be moving into 2023 with me as I want to achieve it.
- Release my first iOS app — this was dependent on me learning SwiftUI, as such I will be carrying this over to 2023 as well!
- Write a blog post fortnightly — this one I certainly failed, I let Cyberpunk 2077 distract me too much!
- Deliver at least one talk at a public speaking event — I presented both at .NET Melbourne and the Melbourne HUG.
- Increase viewership by 50% to 13,500 — this one I smashed out of the park, in 2022 I had 51k unique visitors and 64.4k total page views. I am pretty happy with that but there is still plenty of room to grow!
- Get down to a healthier weight... — yeah I failed badly on this...
- Get a new logo for the blog — done and dusted! It's currently only used on my
ogImagebut I will roll it out early in 2023
All in all, it wasn't a bad year for my goals to be honest. There is plenty for me to work on in 2023 and with that here are my goals for 2023!