2022 has been another huge year with tonnes of stuff going on! I would also say whilst it has been a good year there have been lots of changes, having some colleagues move on from work has been something of a challenge for me to deal with at some points. Overall the year has been positive.
Let's go through the biggest highlights for me of 2022!
Now how did I go with my 2022 Goals you might be asking yourself! Well, let's find out! This year I had 7 goals that I wanted to achieve, and I was able to achieve three out of the 7.
- 100 Days of SwiftUI — I got through 24 days of this course before I got too distracted with other things going on. This goal will be moving into 2023 with me as I want to achieve it.
- Release my first iOS app — this was dependent on me learning SwiftUI, as such I will be carrying this over to 2023 as well!
- Write a blog post fortnightly — this one I certainly failed, I let Cyberpunk 2077 distract me too much!
- Deliver at least one talk at a public speaking event — I presented both at .NET Melbourne and the Melbourne HUG.
- Increase viewership by 50% to 13,500 — this one I smashed out of the park, in 2022 I had 51k unique visitors and 64.4k total page views. I am pretty happy with that but there is still plenty of room to grow!
- Get down to a healthier weight... — yeah I failed badly on this...
- Get a new logo for the blog — done and dusted! It's currently only used on my
ogImagebut I will roll it out early in 2023
All in all, it wasn't a bad year for my goals to be honest. There is plenty for me to work on in 2023 and with that here are my goals for 2023!